Gallery: UCLA bows out of Sweet 16 after 86-75 loss to Kentucky

By Aubrey Yeo

The Sweet 16 matchup against No. 2 seed Kentucky and No. 3 seed UCLA was held in the FedexForum – home of the NBA's Memphis Grizzlies.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Junior guard Alec Wulff (left) and freshman forward T.J. Leaf (right) share a laugh as they enter the arena.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

NBA legend and current Los Angeles Lakers President of Basketball Operations, Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson greets a fan prior to UCLA and Kentucky's tipoff.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

The Wildcats spirit squad runs onto the court waving multiple flags with the Kentucky logo.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Guard Malik Monk prepares for his name to be announced for the Kentucky starting lineup.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Junior center Thomas Welsh tips off against Kentucky forward Edrice Adebayo.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Senior guard Isaac Hamilton missed a layup early in the game after receiving a long pass from freshman guard Lonzo Ball.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Welsh dunks the ball with 16 minutes left in the first period to put the Bruins up 10-6.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Kentucky coach John Calipari talks to Wildcat guard De'Aaron Fox on the sidelines.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Freshman center Ike Anigbogu grabs a rebound amid several Wildcat defenders.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Leaf tied for most points scored by a UCLA player with 17.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Calipari buries his face in his hands after the referee makes a call against his team.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Junior forward Gyorgy Goloman dunks the ball to put the Bruins up by one.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Calipari calls out the referee after conferencing with his guard, Isaiah Briscoe.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Leaf attempts to drive to the basket while being guarded by Fox (right) and Wildcat forward Derek Willis(left).

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

UCLA coach Steve Alford gestures after his team gives up another 3-pointer to Kentucky. This is Alford's third Sweet-16 exit in his four years at UCLA.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Ball (pictured) swings the ball to Hamilton, who would subsequently make a corner 3-pointer.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Fox and Adebayo help Willis up after the forward fell to the ground.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Welsh walks to the bench after picking up his fifth foul as the Kentucky fans in the arena taunt him.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Ball dunks his last dunk for UCLA. The freshman announced that he would forgo his next three years of eligibility for the NBA Draft.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Senior guard Bryce Alford makes a mid-ranged jumper despite colliding into Leaf prior to shooting the ball.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Willis grabbed a game-high eight rebounds against UCLA.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Leaf bites onto his shirt as he walks off the court.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Alford looks up as he walks off the court wearing a UCLA jersey for the last time.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Ball checks his phone in the locker room after playing his final game as a Bruin.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Leaf wraps a towel around his head in the Bruin locker room after the loss to Kentucky.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Fox's 39 points against UCLA set the record for the most points scored by a freshman in the NCAA Tournament. The Kentucky guard, however, repeatedly emphasized the role his team's defense played in the win against UCLA.

(Aubrey Yeo/Daily Bruin)

Aubrey Yeo | Alumnus