Thursday, November 15

Women’s golf finishes seventh at Nanea Pac-12 Preview

Freshman Mariel Galdiano placed second overall in the two-day tournament. Galdiano led the Bruins and finished 4-under 215.(Courtesy of UCLA Athletics)

No. 2 UCLA women’s golf shot 31 strokes over par to finish seventh at the Nanea Pac-12 Preview in Kohala, Hawaii. No. 15 Arizona State took first.

Freshman Mariel Galdiano led the Bruins with a 4-under 215. Galdiano finished in second place overall at the two-day tournament. Galdiano was one of six golfers at the tournament to finish under par.

Sophomore Bethany Wu finished round two in fifth place before dropping down to a tie for 17th after round three.

After shooting an 81 in round one and an 80 in round two, sophomore Lilia Vu shot a 4-under 69 Tuesday to pull into a tie for 32nd in the 64-golfer tournament.

Senior Bronte Law, who finished first individually at the Stanford Intercollegiate, did not play for the Bruins in the Pac-12 Preview.

UCLA’s last fall tournament will be the East Lake Cup at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta. Match play for the tournament starts Nov. 1.

Sports editor

Gottlieb is the Sports editor. He was previously an assistant Sports editor in 2016-2017, and has covered baseball, softball, women's volleyball and golf during his time with the Bruin.