Wednesday, May 8, 2024

SJP, UC DIVEST COALITION DEMONSTRATIONS AT UCLA

Women’s golf finishes seventh at Nanea Pac-12 Preview

Freshman Mariel Galdiano placed second overall in the two-day tournament. Galdiano led the Bruins and finished 4-under 215.(Courtesy of UCLA Athletics)

By David Gottlieb

No. 2 UCLA women’s golf shot 31 strokes over par to finish seventh at the Nanea Pac-12 Preview in Kohala, Hawaii. No. 15 Arizona State took first.

Freshman Mariel Galdiano led the Bruins with a 4-under 215. Galdiano finished in second place overall at the two-day tournament. Galdiano was one of six golfers at the tournament to finish under par.

Sophomore Bethany Wu finished round two in fifth place before dropping down to a tie for 17th after round three.

After shooting an 81 in round one and an 80 in round two, sophomore Lilia Vu shot a 4-under 69 Tuesday to pull into a tie for 32nd in the 64-golfer tournament.

Senior Bronte Law, who finished first individually at the Stanford Intercollegiate, did not play for the Bruins in the Pac-12 Preview.

UCLA’s last fall tournament will be the East Lake Cup at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta. Match play for the tournament starts Nov. 1.

David Gottlieb | Alumnus
Gottlieb joined the Bruin as a freshman in 2014 and contributed until he graduated in 2018. He was the Sports editor for the 2017-2018 academic year, an assistant Sports editor for the 2016-2017 academic year and spent time on the football, men's basketball, baseball, softball, women's volleyball, men's golf and women's golf beats.
Help Wanted

Seeking full-time Medical Assistant for AllergyDox. Copy and paste the link to apply. Experience NOT required, training provided, pay ranges from $20-$23/h https://tinyurl.com/mr3ck3ye [email protected]