The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government representing the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings usually take place every week on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a live stream of the meeting on the USAC Live! YouTube channel.
- USAC President Danny Siegel appointed Allen Ye, a third-year physiological science student, to the Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics, Clare Camilleri, a fourth-year biology student, to the University Committee on Library and Scholarly Communication and Deepak Ravikumar, a fourth-year electrical engineering student, to the Committee on Teaching.
- Siegel appointed Jennifer West, a third-year political science student, and Caitlin Corker, a second-year political science student, to the General Education Governance Committee. He also appointed Glen Florendo, a second-year computer science and linguistics student, to the Committee on Instructional & Technology.
- Siegel appointed Kelly An, a second-year arts student, as the CPO-Student Initiated Access Committee Liaison and Jose Ocampo, a fourth-year undeclared student, as the CPO-Campus Retention Committee Liaison.
- Siegel appointed Rajman Randhawa, a fourth-year environmental science student, to the Office of Residential Life Appointment.
- The council re-approved all summer appointments.
- The council approved the Academic Success Referendum Fund Guidelines for the 2016 to 2017 academic year, the Arts Restoring Community Referendum Guidelines as amended and the Bruin Defender Guidelines as amended.
- Siegel said he is promoting collaboration between USAC and the UCLA Community Programs Office to to encourage students to participate in election-related events.
- Siegel said the USAC President’s Committee of International Relations held an international student forum Friday to address international students’ concerns and promote their academic and extracurricular life. He added USAC will be more open to international students’ feedback even though there is no specific general representative position for international students in the council.
- Internal Vice President Sabrina Zeigler said her office has been holding interviews for interns recently. She added her office will hold a retreat for the council members, as well as training and workshops on sexual health and funding soon.
- Academic Affairs Commissioner Ashly Mohankumar said she will hold the first Academic Affairs Commission meeting Oct. 5.
- Student Wellness Commissioner Christina Lee said her office will collaborate with campus health care institutes such as the Ashe Center to enhance student health. For instance, they propose to create life skills and healthcare courses as general education offerings.
- Facilities Commissioner Sandra Rhee said students have recently reported being mugged while waiting for a Community Service Officer’s evening van back to campus. Her office will take measures to increase the safety of the school night shuttle service, she added.