The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government representing the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a live stream of the meetings on the USAC Live! YouTube channel.
- The council approved first-year Navi Sidhu to the Campus Programs Committee. They also approved second-year Neemat Abdusemed to the Student Fee Advisory Committee and fourth-year political science student Sujith Cherukumilli to the Faculty Executive Committee.
- The council tabled Patricia Macias’ appointment to the Student Activities Center Board of Governors, which oversees the Students Activities Center, until next week.
- The council approved by consent third-year political science student Brad Fingard, fourth-year Ally Miller, third-year classics and political science student Leah Bayers and third-year biology student Vignesh Balasundaram to the Undergraduate Council.
- The council approved third-year mathematics and economics student Taylor Lee by consent to the Faculty Executive Committee. The council approved by consent fourth-year Jack Guo and third-year political science and Arabic student Libby Burke to the Committee on Undergraduate Admissions.
- The council approved by consent Miller, second-year political science student Aaron Boudaie and second-year political science Amir Kashfi to the Legislative Assembly. They also approved by consent fourth-year psychobiology student Addrita Das and political science student Annie Guilyard to the Committee on Diversity and Equal Opportunity.
- The council approved by consent second-year mathematics student Andrew Shapiro to the Council on Research. They approved by consent second-year Daanyaal Kumar and Kashfi to the Committee on Planning and Budget.
- The council approved by consent second-year geography and international development studies student Gareth Wang to the Committee on Continuing and Community Education. They also approved by consent third-year international development studies student Rafael Garibay and fourth-year psychobiology student Oscar Arroyo to Academic Freedom.
- The council approved third-year sociology student Lauri Label to the Education Abroad Committee. They approved fourth-year sociology Karen Rocha to Diversity Initiative Steering Committee and the Ad Hoc Diversity Requirement Committee.
- The council approved $7,944.85 to the Arts Restoring Community Fund and $920 to the Contingency Programming Fund.
- USAC President Danny Siegel said he and UCLA Donor Relations met to speak about raising funds for student support and increasing philanthropic efforts for student housing security. He said he hopes philanthropists are aware of how student housing issues have changed in the past 40 years.
- Internal Vice President Sabrina Zeigler said her office is accepting interns for the year.
- External Vice President Rafi Sands said his office hosted the first Turnout Tuesday on Sept. 27. He added he is concerned Governor Jerry Brown’s veto of A.B. 2017 will reduce funding for mental health services on college campuses.
- Academic Affairs Commissioner Ashly Mohankumar said her office plans to host its first Stress Free Day on Oct. 25th in Bruin Plaza.