About the Daily Bruin Editorial Board

By Editorial Board

During the 2015-2016 academic year, UCLA students witnessed their fees increase by almost $34, their peers protest racism and sexual assault and a campus lockdown during the investigation of a murder-suicide.

The events that embroil our campus in debate will continue to change, but our values as Bruins should continue to move us forward with understanding and integrity.

As UCLA looks ahead to increasing enrollment, changing administrators and an evolving Westwood landscape, the Daily Bruin Editorial Board will strive to encourage dialogue and write clear opinions advocating what we believe to be the campus community’s best interests.

The editorial board consists of five standing members – the editor in chief, managing editor, digital managing editor, Opinion editor and News editor – and several staff representatives. Members gather twice a week to discuss UCLA, University of California and state affairs.

Editorials are published every Monday and Thursday to address issues relevant to the UCLA community and represent the majority opinion of the board and the voice of the newspaper.

The board intends for its editorials to serve as a starting point, and not the conclusion, for discussion about the issues, and encourages readers to reach out to board members and respond to editorials.

Editorial Board