UCLA ranked No. 13 globally by Times Higher Education

The Times Higher Education World Reputation ranked UCLA as the 13th most reputable school for the second consecutive year. (Owen Emerson/Daily Bruin senior staff)

By Alejandra Reyes-Velarde

UCLA is ranked No. 13 in the Times Higher Education World Reputation rankings for the second consecutive year, after dropping from 10th place in 2014

Every year, the Times Higher Education World Reputation, a ranking organization, publishes a list of 100 universities considered to be the most reputable by scholars. UCLA was ranked No. 10 in 2014, down from 9th place in 2012.

Four other University of California schools were ranked among the top 50, with UC Berkeley ranked 6th. UC San Diego was ranked 35th, UC San Francisco was ranked 42nd and UC Davis was ranked 45th.

Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Stanford University were ranked as the top three most reputable schools.

The Times Higher Education ranks universities based on surveys given to published scholars in different academic disciplines across the world. The Academic Reputation Survey uses United Nations data to ensure the responses come from a representative sample of world scholarship.

Alejandra Reyes-Velarde | News editor
Reyes is the Daily Bruin's News editor and an Editorial Board member. Previously, she was the Science & Health editor covering research, the UCLA health system and graduate school news. She also writes Arts & Entertainment stories and photographs for the Bruin.