Student robbed at gunpoint on Hilgard Avenue

By Madeleine Pauker

University police are searching for two men who robbed a UCLA student at gunpoint on Hilgard Avenue late Thursday night.

The student told police she was waiting for a ride about 10:55 p.m. on the corner of Hilgard Avenue and Manning Avenue when two men demanded her cell phone, according to a UCPD alert. One man threatened her with a gun, and the other grabbed her phone from her hand. They ran east on Manning Avenue, and may have later driven away in a dark sedan.

The man who stole the cell phone was described as black, 5 feet-9-inches tall with black hair, according to the alert. He was wearing a dark hooded jacket with light green shorts.

The man who threatened the student with a gun was wearing a navy blue hooded jacket with a wolf logo and white camouflage shorts, according to the alert. Police did not provide a full description of the man.

No further information was immediately available. The case is still under investigation.

Anyone with information about this case can call UCPD at 310-825-1495.

Madeleine Pauker | Managing editor
Pauker was the managing editor from 2017-2018. She was previously an assistant news editor for the City beat and a reporter for the City beat.