ASUCLA Services Committee recap – April 15

By Madeleine Pauker

Associated Students UCLA is a multimillion-dollar organization that provides student services and activities that the university does not fund. It oversees the Undergraduate Students Association Council, Graduate Students Association, Communications Board, campus services and enterprises. Board of Directors meetings are monthly and open to the public.

Executive and committee reports

• Executive director Bob Williams said store sales were slow in March.
  • Williams said ASUCLA received a $26,000 grant to replace bathroom fixtures in the A-Level of Ackerman Union with low-flow urinals, toilets and sinks.
  • Student Union director Roy Champawat proposed the Global Viewpoint Lounge be renamed the Bruin Viewpoint Room to make its purpose as a presentation theater more clear.
  • Special Projects director Karen Noh said ASUCLA would extend campus composting to the North Campus Student Center starting in the fall.
  • Noh added ASUCLA’s new website will be more accessible on mobile phones. 

Email Pauker at [email protected].

Madeleine Pauker | Managing editor
Pauker was the managing editor from 2017-2018. She was previously an assistant news editor for the City beat and a reporter for the City beat.