Westwood BID recap – Feb. 18

By Madeleine Pauker

The Westwood Village Improvement Association, also known as the BID, is a nonprofit organization tasked with improving the state of Westwood Village. The BID was created by property and business owners in August 2011 to provide Westwood Village with functions the City of Los Angeles could not provide. Its board of directors meets monthly.

• Andrew Thomas, executive director of the BID, said the city approved the BID’s petition for renewal earlier this month. He said the district would finish voting whether to renew the BID by the end of May.
  • Thomas said the city’s Great Streets program would continue to repair sidewalks and tree beds March 7-21.
  • The board created a committee comprised of the BID’s executive committee and Peter Clinco, owner of Skylight Gardens, to appoint a new member to fill the BID’s vacant Zone 2 seat. Mark Eberwein, former manager of the W Hotel, resigned from the seat earlier this month.
  • The board approved its 2015 audit that evaluated the BID’s use of funds. The audit did not find evidence of unaccounted spending or fraud.
  • The board discussed the Robert York report it commissioned in 2014 to identify retail strategies the BID could use to improve the Village, focusing on encouraging evening and weekend activity and access to public infrastructure.

Compiled by Madeleine Pauker, Bruin contributor.

Madeleine Pauker | Managing editor
Pauker was the managing editor from 2017-2018. She was previously an assistant news editor for the City beat and a reporter for the City beat.