Wednesday, September 20

UC Regents preview – Jan. 20-21

The University of California Board of Regents will discuss the creation of a student adviser position, a collaboration with the European Organization for Nuclear Research, also known by its French acronym CERN, and the governor’s proposed budget, among other topics, at its January meeting at the UC San Francisco Mission Bay Campus on Wednesday and Thursday.

Wednesday

• The Committee on Educational Policy will vote on the establishment of a School of Music at UCLA.
  • The Committee on Finance will vote on professional degree supplemental tuition for the 2016-2017 academic year, discuss the governor’s proposed budget and hear updates on the UCPath project. UCPath is the UC Payroll, Academic Personnel, Timekeeping and Human Resources project.

Thursday

• The Committee on Educational Policy will discuss collaboration between the UC and CERN.

• The Committee on Governance will vote to establish a student adviser position to the Board of Regents.

• The Committee on Grounds and Buildings will discuss the Annual Report on Sustainable Practices for 2015.

• The Committee on Compensation will approve compensation using non-state funds for various positions, including for the UCLA’s women’s basketball head coach.

Compiled by Ryan Leou, Bruin contributor.

Assistant News Editor

Leou is the assistant news editor for the National and Higher Education beat. He covers University of California system-wide news, protests, unions, as well as state, national, or international news relevant to UCLA students.