Press Pass: Editors’ New Year’s Resolutions

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin senior staff)

By Arthur Wang and Francesca Manto

Winter quarter felt like it began yesterday, but Week 2 is already here. Regardless, we asked several Daily Bruin editors what their New Year’s resolutions were, whether they be for their personal lives or Daily Bruin-related.

“Ensure that Sbarro’s is the top-grossing Ackerman [Union] food option.” – Ryan Nelson, opinion editor

“Get all the rare cats in the trendy virtual pet app Neko Atsume.” – Noor Gill, video producer

“I don’t make resolutions for the new year. I make themes. But my mom doesn’t understand that. So she told me that that I should work out because I was getting fatter. So on the first day of the new year I power walked … to McDonald’s and bought french fries.” – Eldrin Masangkay, digital managing editor

“Create high-quality content, not just make it look pretty.” – Claire Fahy, sports editor

“Get more healthy – work out.” – Jeong Park, managing editor

“Take vitamins every day, cover Coachella for DB (attending Coachella is bucket list item for me, although I hate music festivals), develop A&E writers’ style and voice into stories.” – Gail Acosta, arts and entertainment editor

“To sketch on a daily basis and travel more.” – Kelly Brennan, illustrations director

“To become as hip as my position sounds.” – Emaan Baqai, design director

“Spend less time in the office. (Lol no, DB is life.) Send enough good vibes to the UCLA football team so that it stays healthy in 2016. Drive literally anywhere in LA without encountering traffic.” – Tanner Walters, assistant sports editor

“To grow another two inches by eating a balanced diet and, ironically, take some time off social media every once in a while.” – Francesca Manto, social media director

“Actually read books.” – Arthur Wang, blogging editor

All that said, we wish our readers a happy New Year and look forward to sharing new stories with you.

Arthur Wang | Senior staff
Wang is an Opinion and Quad senior staffer, and a sociology graduate student. He was the Quad editor in the 2015-2016 academic year and an Opinion columnist in the 2014-2015 academic year.
Francesca Manto | Social Media Director