UC Regents preview – Nov. 19-20

By Shreya Maskara

The University of California Board of Regents will vote on the 2016-2017 operating budget for the University and discuss updates on the modification to the Statements of Principles Against Intolerance, among other topics, at its meeting on the UC San Francisco Mission Bay campus Thursday and Friday.

Thursday

• The UC Office of the President working group assigned to modify the Statement of Principles Against Intolerance will be presenting updates on the project. At the group’s second meeting, an all-day forum at UCLA, members of the UC community and the public shared their thoughts on the Statement of Principles Against Tolerance.
  • The Committee on Finance and the Committee on Long-Range Planning will vote to approve the University’s operating budget plan for 2016-2017 academic year. The budget plan includes a proposal to increase total California
    resident undergraduate enrollment by 10,000 students within the next four years.
  • The Committee will also vote to approve the University’s Three-Year Financial
    Sustainability Plan
    , which includes revenue,
    expenditures and enrollment projections.
  • The Committee on Finance will vote to approve a plan to use the Short-Term Investment Pool to pay for the Campus and Medical Centers segment of the University of California Retirement Plan.

Friday

• The Committee on Finance will vote to approve several changes to the University’s mortgage and supplemental home loan programs.
  • The Board will vote to approve several administrative positions including the administrative vice chancellor for UCLA, and executive vice president and chief operating officer for UC San Francisco Health operations.
  • The Committee on Governance will also vote to approve a policy change that will allow some management staff members to access federal classified information.
  • The Board will also vote to approve meeting dates in 2017.

For live updates from the meeting, follow news reporter Arman Sharif on Twitter at @ArmanSharifDB.

Compiled by Shreya Maskara, Bruin senior staff.

Shreya Maskara | Assistant news editor