Two-star running back Jalen Starks commits to UCLA football

By Tanner Walters

Two-star fullback Jalen Starks committed to UCLA football Thursday night after receiving an offer earlier in the day, Bruin Report Online initially reported.

The 6-foot-1, 240-pound junior rushed for 897 yards during the past season at Crespi Carmelite High School, averaging 6.5 yards per carry and scoring 11 touchdowns. He is currently ranked as the nation’s No. 112 running back.

“UCLA was my dream school and I knew if they offered, that’s where I was going,” Starks told Bruin Report Online. “I just committed to UCLA and it’s like a dream come true. I can’t even describe it.”

Starks’ verbal commitment makes him the 11th member of UCLA’s 2016 class.

Compiled by Tanner Walters, Bruin Sports reporter.

Tanner Walters | Alumnus
Walters joined the Bruin as a freshman in 2014 and contributed until he graduated in 2018. He was the Alumni director for the 2017-2018 academic year, Editor in Chief for the 2016-2017 academic year and an assistant Sports editor for the 2015-2016 academic year. Walter spent time on the football, men's basketball, men's volleyball, men's soccer, men's water polo and rowing beats.