Green Bay Packers draft UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley

By Claire Fahy

The Green Bay Packers drafted quarterback Brett Hundley with the 147th pick in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL Draft Saturday.

Originally predicted to go in the second round, Hundley is expected to play behind Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who led the team to a Super Bowl victory in 2011.

Hundley brought the Bruins to a 10-3 season in 2014, clinching an Alamo Bowl win over Kansas State. The quarterback finished his UCLA career with school records for touchdown passes, passing completion and total offense in three years as the Bruins’ starter.

The quarterback struggled to prove in his final season that he could work multiple reads on passing plays – something for which the draft’s top pick, quarterback Jameis Winston, was lauded.

Compiled by Claire Fahy, Bruin Sports senior staff.

Claire Fahy | Alumna
Fahy joined the Bruin as a freshman in 2013 and contributed until she graduated in 2017. She was the Sports editor for the 2015-2016 academic year and an assistant Sports editor for the 2014-2015 academic year. Fahy spent time on the football, men's basketball, men's water polo, men's volleyball and swim and dive beats.