UCLA to host men’s and women’s tennis NCAA Regional

Defending 2014 national champions, UCLA women’s tennis, along with men’s tennis, will host the NCAA regional championships. (Daily Bruin file photo)

By Claire Fahy

The NCAA chose UCLA as the location for the NCAA regional championships, the association announced Tuesday.

The Los Angeles Tennis Center will host the first and second rounds of the national tournament, slated to start May 8 and finish May 10.

The Bruins earned the No. 16 seed for the men’s team and the No. 7 seed for the women’s team.

The men will face Florida Gulf Coast on Friday at 1 p.m., while the women open competition against Idaho on Saturday at noon.

Should the men’s team advance past the Eagles, it will face the winner of Friday’s Texas Tech and UC Santa Barbara matchup on Saturday at 3 p.m.

The women will face either Northwestern and St. Mary’s on Sunday at noon if they defeat the Vandals on Friday.

Compiled by Claire Fahy, Bruin Sports senior staff.

Claire Fahy | Alumna
Fahy joined the Bruin as a freshman in 2013 and contributed until she graduated in 2017. She was the Sports editor for the 2015-2016 academic year and an assistant Sports editor for the 2014-2015 academic year. Fahy spent time on the football, men's basketball, men's water polo, men's volleyball and swim and dive beats.