Shooting guard LiAngelo Ball verbally commits to UCLA men’s basketball

By Matt Joye

Class of 2017 shooting guard LiAngelo Ball verbally committed to UCLA men’s basketball Tuesday, according to multiple reports.

Ball is a three-star prospect on Rivals.com, and is the younger brother of UCLA’s top recruit in the class of 2016 – five-star point guard Lonzo Ball. The younger Ball is listed at the same height as his brother – 6 feet 5 inches. Both currently play for Chino Hills High School.

Last December, the future Bruins combined to score 83 points in a 111-80 victory over Dorsey High School. LiAngelo Ball scored 53 and Lonzo Ball scored 30.

LiAngelo Ball is UCLA’s first verbal commitment in the class of 2017.

Compiled by Matthew Joye, Bruin Sports senior staff.

Matt Joye | Alumnus
Joye joined the Bruin as a sophomore transfer in 2013 and contributed until after he graduated in 2016. He was an assistant Sports editor for the 2014-2015 academic year and spent time on the football, men's basketball, baseball, softball, men's soccer, women's tennis, track and field and cross country beats.