Submission: Jewish and pro-Israel groups at UCLA condemn posters accusing SJP of anti-Semitism

By Natalie Delgadillo

The original headline accompanying this article contained information that was inaccurate and has been changed. See the bottom of the article for more information.

We would like to condemn the posters which were posted on campus this weekend labeling members of Students for Justice in Palestine as “Jew Haters.” While we have in the past condemned speakers sponsored by SJP for their anti-Semitic rhetoric and believe the inappropriate singling out of Israel to be discriminatory, we wholeheartedly condemn these actions and the malicious intent behind them. This sort of hostility and offensive language have no place on a university campus, especially one as diverse as UCLA.

As soon as we became aware that these posters had been put up, we immediately contacted university police, reached out to SJP to express our dismay and support and even sent volunteers to take them down.

While we do not know the perpetrators who created and distributed these flyers, we are firm in our stance that there is no room for these actions or this language on our campus.

We look forward to working with groups from across the UCLA community to address, condemn and prevent such incidents in the future.

Hillel at UCLA Student Board

Bruins For Israel Executive Board

Jewish Awareness Movement at UCLA Executive Board

Chabad House at UCLA Student Board

J Street U at UCLA

Clarification: Jewish and pro-Israel groups authored this submission, not just Jewish groups.

Natalie Delgadillo