UCLA men’s basketball schedules home-and-home series against Kentucky

By Kevin Bowman

UCLA men’s basketball and Kentucky have agreed to a home-and-home series over the next two seasons, UCLA announced Monday. It will be the first time the two storied programs will face each other in their current respective home arenas.

UCLA will play host first, with Kentucky coming to Pauley Pavilion on Dec. 3, 2015, then Kentucky will host 2016’s game, also on Dec. 3, in Rupp Arena in Lexington, Ky.

The Bruins will also face the Wildcats on neutral ground this season as the two teams face off in the United Center in Chicago on Dec. 20 as part of the CBS Sports Classic.

“We are excited to schedule this home-and-home series with Kentucky and add to what we already believe is a very competitive non-conference schedule next season,” said coach Steve Alford in a statement. “Coach (John Calipari) and I go back a long ways, and I have the utmost respect for him and what he has been able to build at Kentucky. This is a big win for fans of college basketball in Southern California who will now have the opportunity to watch two of the sport’s most storied programs meet in Pauley Pavilion.”

Adding Kentucky to the schedule continues a trend of UCLA arranging games with higher level non-conference competition. UCLA has games this season against No. 16 Oklahoma, No. 21 North Carolina, No. 9 Gonzaga and No. 1 Kentucky.

In 2015-2016, UCLA’s non-conference schedule will include Kentucky, North Carolina and Gonzaga again, and will also compete in the EA Sports Maui Invitational, which includes Chaminade, Indiana, Kansas, St. John’s, UNLV, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest.

Compiled by Kevin Bowman, Bruin Sports senior staff.

Kevin Bowman | Alumnus