The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government representing the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every week on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a live stream of the meeting on the USAC Live! YouTube channel.
- The council unanimously approved contingency programming fund allocations.
- The council unanimously approved a bylaw change to create a USAC-wide communications director position as a presidential appointment.
- The council voted 9-4-0 in favor of a resolution expressing no confidence in the regents and the president of the University of California. The resolution was written to address discontentment with the possible tuition increase proposal approved by the UC Board of Regents last month.
- Internal Vice President Heather Hourdequin said she reached out to the Campus Safety Alliance and the Student Group Outreach Committee and is awaiting responses.
- Academic Affairs Commissioner Allyson Bach said her office will help put on Stress Free Day in Bruin Plaza on Dec. 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. She said staff members will be give out free school supplies and the Community Service Commission will bring rescue dogs to the event.
- Student Wellness Commissioner Savannah Badalich said her office is organizing an on-campus conference in February for All of Us, a councilwide mental health awareness and advocacy campaign. She said she is inviting student groups to put on workshops about stigma, community and identity, and advocacy and self-care for the conference.
Compiled by Katie Shepherd and Amanda Schallert, Bruin senior staff.