The original version of this article contained multiple errors and has been changed. See the bottom of the article for additional information.
The Bruins United slate will hold a plurality of the 13 elected positions in the undergraduate student government next year, according to election results announced tonight.
Nine out of the 13 Undergraduate Students Association Council positions were contested in this year’s USAC election, six of which went to Bruins United.
The LET’S ACT! slate secured four seats and FIRED UP! did not receive any seats. There will be three independents on council next year, all of whom were uncontested.
About 30 percent of eligible voters participated in the election for a total of 8,212 votes.
Here is a list of all the USAC candidates and the percentage of votes they each received. The winners’ names are in bold.
- Devin Murphy, LET’S ACT! (50.2 percent)
- Miriam Rodriguez, FIRED UP! (eliminated)
- Sunny Singh, Bruins United (49.8 percent)
Internal Vice President:
- Avinoam Baral, Bruins United (53.4 percent)
- Harwind Lasher, FIRED UP! (eliminated)
- Negeen Sadeghi-Movahed, LET’S ACT! (46.6 percent)
External Vice President:
- Conrad Contreras, LET’S ACT! (54.9 percent)
- Aurelia Friedman, Bruins United (45.1 percent)
- Angel Garfio, FIRED UP! (eliminated)
Academic Affairs Commissioner:
- Allyson Bach, Bruins United (50.38 percent)
- Jazz Kiang, FIRED UP! (eliminated)
- Janay Williams, LET’S ACT! (49.62 percent)
Student Wellness Commissioner:
- Savannah Badalich, Independent (Uncontested)
Community Service Commissioner:
- Cynthia Wong, Independent (Uncontested)
- Alex Mercier, LET’S ACT! (49.85 percent)
- Teri Nguyen, FIRED UP! (eliminated)
- Carlos Quintanilla, Bruins United (50.15 percent)
Financial Supports Commissioner:
- Winnie Galbadores, LET’S ACT! (45 percent)
- Gabriel Gutierrez, FIRED UP! (eliminated)
- Heather Rosen, Bruins United (55 percent)
Cultural Affairs Commissioner:
- Irmary Garcia, LET’S ACT! (Uncontested)
Campus Events Commissioner:
- Greg Kalfayan, Independent (Uncontested)
- Erineo Garcia, LET’S ACT!
- Sachin Medhekar, ¡Bruin Satyrists!
- Kevin Patterson, Bruins United
- Francesca Rebosura, LET’S ACT!
- Fabienne Roth, Bruins United (General Representative 3)
- Nihal Satyadev, Bruins United (General Representative 2)
- Manjot Singh, LET’S ACT! (General Representative 1)
- Der Xiong, FIRED UP!
Students approved the “Arts Restoring Community” referendum, which will increase student fees by $1.55 per student per quarter to create a specific pool of funds for cultural and arts-related programs. The new student fee passed with 54.5 percent of the vote.
A referendum to create a new transfer student representative on council passed with 74.4 percent voter approval.
Compiled by Erin Donnelly, Bruin senior staff.
Correction: Sunny Singh received 49.8 percent of the vote in the presidential race. Contreras received 54.9 percent of the vote in the external vice presidential race.