Torian White dismissed from UCLA for sexual misconduct

By Sam Hoff

Torian White, a former offensive lineman on UCLA’s football team, was dismissed from UCLA after the university found him responsible for two instances of sexual misconduct, according to an email sent Friday to Greek life officials by UCLA’s Title IX officer.

White was arrested in November on suspicion of sexual assault and was suspended from the team indefinitely after his arrest. He later left the UCLA Football program, as coach Jim Mora announced in early April.

The email was sent to Mande Adams and Troy Bartels, advisers for UCLA Fraternity and Sorority Relations, and UCLA Vice Chancellor of Legal Affairs Kevin Reed. In the email, Title IX officer Pamela Thomason asked Adams and Bartels to forward the information to members of the Greek system.

“It has come to the campus’s attention that he may still be socializing with UCLA students and athletes and we have an obligation to inform our students,” she said in the email.

The university does its own investigation of sexual assault accusations, separate from police.

Consistent with the Student Code of Conduct, UCLA takes seriously and thoroughly investigates allegations of student sexual misconduct,” UCLA spokesman Phil Hampton said in an email statement. “When a student is found responsible, UCLA must respond decisively and firmly.”

As of Tuesday, White’s case was still under investigation by university police, and the Los Angeles District Attorney has not filed criminal charges, said UCPD spokeswoman Nancy Greenstein.

Compiled by Sam Hoff, Bruin staff.

Sam Hoff | Alumnus