The Daily Bruin is changing. 

UCLA Athletics ranks third among colleges in Directors’ Cup standings

The women's tennis team had the highest individual Directors' Cup score of any UCLA sport in the standings.

Daily Bruin file photo

Football and basketball are often used as the measuring sticks to determine the success of a college’s sports program, but that’s not how it works at UCLA.

While the Bruins’ football and basketball teams have struggled in recent years, the “other sports” in UCLA’s athletic department have been top-notch.

This is confirmed by the Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup standings, which is designed to measure the overall performance of a school’s athletic department. UCLA finished as the third overall college, just behind Stanford and Florida.

The National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics takes into account 20 sports. The Cup, handed out by NACDA, uses the team’s postseason finish and measures them on a 100-point scale, which is added up at the end of the athletic year to create a total score.

This year, UCLA added its nation-leading 108th NCAA Championship, thanks to the women’s volleyball team. Women’s tennis and men’s water polo lost in the NCAA championship match, while men’s soccer, gymnastics, men’s tennis and women’s water polo finished third in the nation.

Baseball and men’s golf both finished fifth in the nation.

“It was just heartbreaking and exciting to see how many teams got so close to a championship match and a championship,” said women’s volleyball coach Michael Sealy.

“It was a very, very successful year for everyone.”

In the 19-year history of the Directors’ Cup, UCLA has finished in the top six of the final standings 17 times. Only one other school, Stanford, has matched this feat.

In a recent blog post, Director of Athletics Dan Guerrero wrote, “All in all, a very good year, but we will not rest on our laurels next year and will continue to push for the top spot in each sport during the 2012-13 school year.”

Women’s tennis had the highest individual Directors’ Cup score of any UCLA sport in the standings. They ended ranked No. 2 in the nation after a loss to Florida in the NCAA championship game.

Coach Stella Sampras Webster was proud of the fact that her team contributed to UCLA’s Directors’ Cup ranking.

“We’re not just a football or a basketball school,” Sampras Webster said.

“We are a school of so many sports that do so well and I think that’s what we’re kind of known for.”

With the football and basketball teams looking to be on the rise in the near future, UCLA’s pool of successful sports looks to grow even larger.

“A person could go nutty just watching all the sports that are doing well,” said men’s tennis coach Billy Martin.

• fdcwesdfre

Director of Athletics Dan Guerrero wrote, “All in all, a very good year,
    but we will not rest on our laurels next year and will continue to push
    for the top .

http://essayreview.org/

• fdefgvdre

Which is designed to
    measure the overall performance of a school’s athletic department. UCLA finished as the third overall college, just behind Stanford and Florida.

The National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics takes into account 20 sports.

chiropractor
    marketing

• xvd

Tennis had the highest individual Directors’ Cup score of any UCLA sport in the standings.

teyama

• asgsdrfh

We are a school of so many sports that do so well and I think that’s what we’re kind of known for.
      masters dissertation

• dvdfcvf11

The Cup, handed out by NADA, uses the team’s
    postseason finish and measures them on a 100-point scale, which is
    added up at the end of the athletic year to create a total score.

123helpme

• fdzgfg

All in all, a very good year, but we will not rest on our laurels next
      year and will here continue to push for the top spot in each sport during

• dvdfcvf11

The women’s volleyball team. Women’s tennis and men’s water polo lost in the NCAA championship match, while men’s soccer.

college essay
    writing service review

• dxsxcds

Directors’ Cup score of any UCLA sport in the standings. They ended ranked No. 2 in the nation after a loss to Florida in the NCAA championship game.

cheap term papers

• xvd

Women’s tennis had the highest individual Directors’ Arthur Lismer artist Cup score of any UCLA sport in the standings.

• dswdw

The Cup, handed out by NACDA, uses the team’s
    postseason finish and measures them on a 100-point scale, which is added
    up at the end of the athletic year to create a total score.
    Government
    Grants

• wsdsd

chiropractic
    seminars

• saws

We will not
    rest on our laurels next year and will continue to push for the top spot
    in each sport during the 2012-13 school year.”

Women’s tennis had the highest individual Directors’ Cup score of any UCLA sport in the standings.
    tax
    investigation services

• jankop

It was just heartbreaking and exciting to see how many teams got so
    close to a championship match and a championship,” said women’s
    volleyball coach Michael Sealy.
    dissertations.superiorpapers.com
    reviews

• http://www.dudleydrivingschools.com/ driving school dudley

Which is designed to measure the overall performance of a school’s athletic department. UCLA finished as the third overall college, just behind Stanford and Florida.

• Lancaster

plagiarism
    prevention