Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

Three more test positive for COVID-19 in UCLA community

By Jintak Han

Three additional members of the UCLA community tested positive for the novel coronavirus in two days, according to university officials.

None of the three UCLA community members have been on campus for at least two weeks, the amount of time it takes for most patients to show symptoms of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

One staff member reported testing positive for the coronavirus April 2, the university said on its case update page. Officials also announced April 3 that another staff member and a student who lives in off-campus, nonuniversity housing tested positive, bringing the total number of cases in the UCLA community to 12.

In Los Angeles county, 4,566 people have tested positive for the coronavirus as of April 3, including 89 patients who died from COVID-19. The number of COVID-19 patients in LA county has increased at an average rate of about 17% a day for the past week, according to data released by the LA County Department of Public Health. 

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti encouraged Angelenos on April 2 to wear nonmedical-grade face masks to reduce the risk of transmission of the virus, a decision that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention echoed the following day.

Jintak Han | Senior staff photojournalist & news reporter
Jintak Han is a senior staff photojournalist and news reporter. Working at the Bruin through his entire undergraduate career from 2014 to 2020, Han has won dozens of awards and national recognition for his photojournalism. He is also known for his investigative reporting and is a staff writer for the City & Crime beat. He previously served as the 2016-2017 Assistant Photo editor and worked as a weekend reporter at the Korea Times for most of 2019.

Beverly Hills Jason, Sunset Blvd and Doheny Dr. Upper Large Studio Appartment,l arge balcony, city view, full kitchen, full bathroom, parquet floor, hot and cold water, garbage, quiet building, available now. Studio $1995,1*1 $2295 #310-991-4777 only no email please.