Consider all the factors when deciding how many people to go with to Coachella

By Brittany Taylor

So you’ve found warm shelter for your three-day trip to Coachella. What’s next? Now you must consider who is included in your band for traveling and camping. You may have already thought about this when you were picking where to stay, but a few more people may want to tag along.

It is important to consider the number of people going with you because of gas, food, the amount of space in your car and whether or not you can survive a long car ride with them.

One pro of having more than two people in your group is that you can split expenses like food and gas. On the other hand, you may not all want to see the same performers, so you might end up alone at times.

If you’re worried about making space in your camping spot, you’ll need to factor in the number of people, tents that will fit everyone and the size of your car. All of these items must fit within the designated 10-by-30 feet.

If your friends backed out at the last minute and you are currently heading to Coachella alone, don’t fret. There are many fellow Coachella-goers riding solo because of the same situation.

The organizers of Coachella have teamed up with the website PickupPal to help people find or offer rides to the event. There are also threads on the Coachella Facebook page where people are offering rides and looking for ways to get to Indio. If you don’t feel comfortable going with strangers, you should start asking some of your friends if they are going or if they know any trustworthy people who want to go with you.

According to a thread on the Coachella forums, 36 percent of attendees travel in groups of two to three, and 18 percent go in groups of four to five people. There are also a few groups of 20 or more.

Second-year English student Aria Davis will be traveling with two of her good friends, and said she is willing to give rides to other people. Davis said that carpooling is a great way to spend time with friends as well as save the environment.

“I know somebody last year who camped in a group of 25 other people,” Davis said. “You can’t really go wrong, as long as everybody can fit in the (camping) space. But Coachella is really about getting together with all of your friends. If you all want to camp together then do it, because it’s probably going to one of the best weekends ever,” Davis said.

Who are you going with? Would you camp with 25 people? Answer in the comments section below.

Photo Courtesy of emilydickinsonridesabmx

Brittany Taylor