Register for Education Abroad and Travel Study programs this International Week

By Teofilo Ruiz

This week we celebrate International Week at UCLA and throughout the University of California campuses. The celebrations serve as a powerful reminder of the importance of our Education Abroad and Travel Study programs and of their transformative power in students’ and faculty’s lives.

Residing and studying abroad connects us with a growing global world. Such activities extend our citizenship beyond our own shores and into a wider global community. Such experiences change our perspective of the world and of others in that world. So do, for that matter, the numerous international students who spend time at UCLA through our many programs and international exchanges.

At our Education Abroad and Travel Study programs, we believe deeply in the pedagogical benefits of having students experience what it is like to live in other countries and in other cultures.
Unfortunately, with economic downturns, we have seen escalating costs for studying abroad. Every year, fewer students can afford to participate, especially those who may benefit most because they have not traveled internationally before.
Become involved in learning about the world, welcome our international students and make studying abroad an integral component of your education. This week Travel Study registration begins. Go and discover yourself as you discover the world!
Ruiz is a history professor.