Thursday, June 22

Radio: About the Hosts

Long Story Short

Mondays, 6:00-6:30 p.m.

Live from the hills of Westwood, the Daily Bruin presents its award-winning weekly news and culture talk show, Long Story Short. The show began airing in the winter of 2011 as a pre-recorded podcast with one broadcast host and single segment stories, eventually evolving into a live show broadcast from the UCLA Radio studio. The show covers all walks of life at UCLA, from science and health to arts and politics to local news and campus buzz. Long Story Short aims to focus on members of the UCLA community and their projects, personalities and perspectives.

Alex Hyun

Alex Hyun

In addition to being a Long Story Short host, Alex is a Daily Bruin sports writer. He covered the UCLA women's and men's track teams last year, and this year he is covering the women's and men's golf teams. He is an avid fan of sports radio and was inspired by various talk shows to join Long Story Short. He hopes to pursue a career in sports journalism or a career in the film industry as a writer or critic.

Out of Bounds

Mondays, 6:30-7:00 p.m.

For an in-depth look at the UCLA sports scene, tune into Out of Bounds, the Daily Bruin’s weekly sports talk show. The latest and greatest of UCLA Athletics are presented with the show’s famous “Westwood Week in Review,” clips from UCLA coaches and athletes, and a high-stakes prediction segment called “You Better Be Right,” where failure to pick the winning team of the week may result in Taylor Swift showdowns and changing twitter pictures to the hosts’ worst nightmares.

Matthew Joye

Matthew Joye

Matthew Joye is a Daily Bruin Sports assistant editor for 2014-2015, covering UCLA men's soccer and UCLA baseball. The native of Westwood has covered three beats since arriving at UCLA as a third-year transfer student in 2013, starting with UCLA softball coverage in winter 2014. Matthew's ultimate memory from his time at the Daily Bruin is writing a story on UCLA track and field legend Milan Tiff.