What do you think of Gov. Jerry Brown's proposed $500 million budget cut from the UC system?
- A) It was a necessary cut to revamp California (31%, 43 Votes)
- C) The UC shouldn't be one of the targets of the governor's cuts (20%, 28 Votes)
- D) The UC should receive more state funding and not cuts (19%, 27 Votes)
- B) Cuts are necessary, but these are excessive (16%, 22 Votes)
- E) Increasing taxes would be a better alternative (14%, 20 Votes)
Total Voters: 140
Start Date: January 13, 2011 @ 11:20 amWhat do you think of the 36 highly-paid UC executives' threat to sue the university if they do not receive higher pensions based off their salaries?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:20 am
- Everybody who signed the letter should be fired. (37%, 90 Votes)
- They are getting paid enough - what difference does it make if their pension is based off $245,000 a year or $700,000? (23%, 56 Votes)
- The UC should make good on its promise in a better economic climate, though that is not possible under current circumstances. (20%, 49 Votes)
- The UC should fulfill their promise and pay pensions based off their salaries, no matter how high. (14%, 34 Votes)
- These people could be making much more in the private sector and we need to keep pensions high to retain them. (6%, 17 Votes)
Total Voters: 246
Start Date: January 2, 2011 @ 11:18 amWhich of Chancellor Gene Block's five points do you think will most improve UCLA?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:18 am
- Streamlining academics with restructuring of academic curricula (29%, 83 Votes)
- Admitting more nonresident students to more out-of-state tuition (22%, 65 Votes)
- Improving the use of licensed research and intellectual property (20%, 59 Votes)
- Boosting donations by reaching our more vigorously to alumni (15%, 45 Votes)
- Expanding extension and possibly online classes (14%, 39 Votes)
Total Voters: 291
Start Date: November 24, 2010 @ 11:16 amHow much faith do you have in the UC's ability to effectively deal with the financial situation it is in while maintaining a quality education for all students?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:16 am
- None at all. I am concerned that UC administrators do not have students' best interests at heart. (32%, 56 Votes)
- Some faith. I am certain that administrators are trying, but they could do more. (24%, 42 Votes)
- Very little. Their decision to raise tuition for students shows their lack of support. (20%, 35 Votes)
- A lot. The UC is in a dire situation and they're doing the best that they can. (13%, 23 Votes)
- Full support. The UC is doing everything it can and students should show more support. (11%, 19 Votes)
Total Voters: 175
Start Date: November 18, 2010 @ 11:13 amWhat is your reaction to the UC's proposal to raise fees again for the following academic year?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:13 am
- The idea of new fee hikes is despicable and lowers my opinion of the UC system. (38%, 60 Votes)
- The state does not have enough money for the UC's, so students must fill the gap. (23%, 37 Votes)
- Fee hikes might be necessary because the UC schools have no other way to raise funding. (16%, 25 Votes)
- The state has enough money to fund the UC's and students should not have to pay higher fees. (14%, 22 Votes)
- I may have to drop out of the UC system because I can not afford higher tuition. (9%, 14 Votes)
Total Voters: 158
Start Date: November 11, 2010 @ 11:02 am
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:02 am