Which of Chancellor Gene Block's five points do you think will most improve UCLA?
- Streamlining academics with restructuring of academic curricula (29%, 83 Votes)
- Admitting more nonresident students to more out-of-state tuition (22%, 65 Votes)
- Improving the use of licensed research and intellectual property (20%, 59 Votes)
- Boosting donations by reaching our more vigorously to alumni (15%, 45 Votes)
- Expanding extension and possibly online classes (14%, 39 Votes)
Total Voters: 291
Start Date: November 24, 2010 @ 11:16 amHow much faith do you have in the UC's ability to effectively deal with the financial situation it is in while maintaining a quality education for all students?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:16 am
- None at all. I am concerned that UC administrators do not have students' best interests at heart. (32%, 56 Votes)
- Some faith. I am certain that administrators are trying, but they could do more. (24%, 42 Votes)
- Very little. Their decision to raise tuition for students shows their lack of support. (20%, 35 Votes)
- A lot. The UC is in a dire situation and they're doing the best that they can. (13%, 23 Votes)
- Full support. The UC is doing everything it can and students should show more support. (11%, 19 Votes)
Total Voters: 175
Start Date: November 18, 2010 @ 11:13 amWhat is your reaction to the UC's proposal to raise fees again for the following academic year?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:13 am
- The idea of new fee hikes is despicable and lowers my opinion of the UC system. (38%, 60 Votes)
- The state does not have enough money for the UC's, so students must fill the gap. (23%, 37 Votes)
- Fee hikes might be necessary because the UC schools have no other way to raise funding. (16%, 25 Votes)
- The state has enough money to fund the UC's and students should not have to pay higher fees. (14%, 22 Votes)
- I may have to drop out of the UC system because I can not afford higher tuition. (9%, 14 Votes)
Total Voters: 158
Start Date: November 11, 2010 @ 11:02 amHow would you rate your involvement in the election season this year?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:02 am
- Well-informed about some issues but not all (37%, 42 Votes)
- Heavily involved and informed (25%, 28 Votes)
- Not informed because I am disillusioned with politics (15%, 17 Votes)
- Not informed because politics does not interest me (14%, 16 Votes)
- Informed only by what I've seen on campus (9%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 113
Start Date: November 3, 2010 @ 11:00 amDo undocumented students deserve to pay in-state fees at UCLA?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:00 am
- Yes, if they attended a California high school for 3 or more years and graduated from high school (32%, 196 Votes)
- No, undocumented students should not even be able to attend a public university like UCLA (31%, 190 Votes)
- No, undocumented students should pay out-of-state fees even if they have lived in California (19%, 116 Votes)
- Of course, undocumented students deserve a UCLA education as much as any Californian (14%, 86 Votes)
- Yes, charging these students out-of-state fees would limit UCLA's talent pool (4%, 18 Votes)
Total Voters: 606
Start Date: October 19, 2010 @ 10:57 am
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 10:57 am