What do you think of the $100 million donation from alumni Meyer and Renee Luskin that will go toward the School of Public Affairs and the construction of a new conference center and faculty club?
- The Luskins should be commended for their generous donation. (44%, 68 Votes)
- The donation is generous, but should not go toward the conference center and faculty club. (31%, 48 Votes)
- UCLA should more vigorously reach out to alumni for donations. (13%, 20 Votes)
- The donation will help attract the best professors and graduate students. (7%, 11 Votes)
- The donation is generous but should not go toward the School of Public Affairs. (5%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 153
Start Date: February 1, 2011 @ 11:25 amWhat do you think of the Office of Residential Life’s proposal to create a humanities-themed housing community in Hitch Suites?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:25 am
- Such themed housing will limit contact with students of other disciplines. (35%, 31 Votes)
- Humanities-themed housing is a terrific idea and will spur enthusiasm about the subject. (24%, 21 Votes)
- Hitch suites is for everybody and no part of it should be dedicated to only humanities students. (20%, 18 Votes)
- There should be a science or math themed housing system. (16%, 14 Votes)
- Humanities housing should be reserved for upperclassmen who have declared a humanities major. (5%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 88
Start Date: January 25, 2011 @ 11:24 amWhat do you think of the proposal to merge six European language departments into one?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:24 am
- It is a necessary merger for cutting administrative costs. (38%, 45 Votes)
- European languages are too diverse to be under one category. (21%, 25 Votes)
- The academic implications are more important than the financial ones. (17%, 20 Votes)
- I haven't heard about the merger and it does not affect my studies. (15%, 18 Votes)
- European languages are all similar and can be under one department. (9%, 11 Votes)
Total Voters: 119
Start Date: January 19, 2011 @ 11:22 amWhat do you think of Gov. Jerry Brown's proposed $500 million budget cut from the UC system?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:22 am
- A) It was a necessary cut to revamp California (31%, 43 Votes)
- C) The UC shouldn't be one of the targets of the governor's cuts (20%, 28 Votes)
- D) The UC should receive more state funding and not cuts (19%, 27 Votes)
- B) Cuts are necessary, but these are excessive (16%, 22 Votes)
- E) Increasing taxes would be a better alternative (14%, 20 Votes)
Total Voters: 140
Start Date: January 13, 2011 @ 11:20 amWhat do you think of the 36 highly-paid UC executives' threat to sue the university if they do not receive higher pensions based off their salaries?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:20 am
- Everybody who signed the letter should be fired. (37%, 90 Votes)
- They are getting paid enough - what difference does it make if their pension is based off $245,000 a year or $700,000? (23%, 56 Votes)
- The UC should make good on its promise in a better economic climate, though that is not possible under current circumstances. (20%, 49 Votes)
- The UC should fulfill their promise and pay pensions based off their salaries, no matter how high. (14%, 34 Votes)
- These people could be making much more in the private sector and we need to keep pensions high to retain them. (6%, 17 Votes)
Total Voters: 246
Start Date: January 2, 2011 @ 11:18 am
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:18 am