What is your reaction to the UC's proposal to raise fees again for the following academic year?
- The idea of new fee hikes is despicable and lowers my opinion of the UC system. (38%, 60 Votes)
- The state does not have enough money for the UC's, so students must fill the gap. (23%, 37 Votes)
- Fee hikes might be necessary because the UC schools have no other way to raise funding. (16%, 25 Votes)
- The state has enough money to fund the UC's and students should not have to pay higher fees. (14%, 22 Votes)
- I may have to drop out of the UC system because I can not afford higher tuition. (9%, 14 Votes)
Total Voters: 158
Start Date: November 11, 2010 @ 11:02 amHow would you rate your involvement in the election season this year?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:02 am
- Well-informed about some issues but not all (37%, 42 Votes)
- Heavily involved and informed (25%, 28 Votes)
- Not informed because I am disillusioned with politics (15%, 17 Votes)
- Not informed because politics does not interest me (14%, 16 Votes)
- Informed only by what I've seen on campus (9%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 113
Start Date: November 3, 2010 @ 11:00 amDo undocumented students deserve to pay in-state fees at UCLA?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:00 am
- Yes, if they attended a California high school for 3 or more years and graduated from high school (32%, 196 Votes)
- No, undocumented students should not even be able to attend a public university like UCLA (31%, 190 Votes)
- No, undocumented students should pay out-of-state fees even if they have lived in California (19%, 116 Votes)
- Of course, undocumented students deserve a UCLA education as much as any Californian (14%, 86 Votes)
- Yes, charging these students out-of-state fees would limit UCLA's talent pool (4%, 18 Votes)
Total Voters: 606
Start Date: October 19, 2010 @ 10:57 amIs the value of a UCLA education declining?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 10:57 am
- Yes, there is no doubt that UCLA is not what it used to be. (39%, 124 Votes)
- No, UCLA is just as prominent of a university as it used to be. (22%, 70 Votes)
- Yes, but it is simply an effect of the slumping economy and will recover. (21%, 67 Votes)
- No, although fees have increased, the quality of education is the same. (11%, 35 Votes)
- Despite budget woes, UCLA is actually improving overall. (7%, 22 Votes)
Total Voters: 318
Start Date: October 13, 2010 @ 10:49 amSign language at UCLA: Should UCLA have sign language classes?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 10:49 am
- Yes, sign language is an important skill (37%, 95 Votes)
- It should be put on hold given the current budget crisis (28%, 72 Votes)
- Yes, UCLA language classes need to appeal to a broader audience (23%, 59 Votes)
- No, the language programs we have now are sufficient and more important than sign (6%, 15 Votes)
- No, such classes would not be helpful to UCLA students (6%, 15 Votes)
Total Voters: 256
Start Date: October 5, 2010 @ 10:45 am
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 12:00 am