What is your response to the death of Osama bin Laden?
- It's a big step, but the government still has a lot to do to counter terrorism. (34%, 117 Votes)
- I do not think bin Laden's death elicits celebration, despite his wrongdoings. (31%, 107 Votes)
- Bin Laden's death brings justice to those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. (23%, 79 Votes)
- I'm not surprised because bin Laden's death or capture was inevitable. (8%, 28 Votes)
- Bin Laden's death reaffirms my faith in the U.S. government. (4%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 341
Start Date: May 3, 2011 @ 11:46 amDo you plan to vote in the upcoming Undergraduate Students Association Council elections?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:46 am
- Yes, I think voting in student government elections is very important. (71%, 195 Votes)
- No, I don't think voting for student government is worth my time. (10%, 27 Votes)
- Yes, but I don't pay too much attention to what USAC does the rest of the year. (9%, 24 Votes)
- No, I'm not even sure what USAC does. (8%, 22 Votes)
- I will vote only if I like the candidates who are running. (2%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 273
Start Date: April 26, 2011 @ 11:44 amDo you think cheating on exams, labs and assignments is a prevalent issue at UCLA?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:44 am
- Yes, cheating is most definitely a campus-wide issue. (38%, 58 Votes)
- Cheating is not a widespread issue, but certain people will always cheat. (36%, 56 Votes)
- Yes, and I have cheated on tests or assignments in the past. (11%, 17 Votes)
- Cheating is mostly an issue in South Campus, given the competitiveness. (11%, 17 Votes)
- Cheating is mostly prevalent in North Campus classes. (4%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 154
Start Date: April 21, 2011 @ 11:43 amDo you think the Bible is an important book to study in the 21st Century?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:43 am
- Yes, but it is equally important to study the literature of every religion. (30%, 86 Votes)
- Yes, because so much of our culture is shaped by it. (26%, 75 Votes)
- Yes, and I have studied it for religious purposes. (20%, 57 Votes)
- No, there is little point in studying archaic texts in the 21st Century. (13%, 37 Votes)
- No, I have never studied the Bible and think it is only for the religious. (11%, 29 Votes)
Total Voters: 284
Start Date: April 12, 2011 @ 11:39 amShould UCLA work on reforming the writing II graduation requirement for undergraduates?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:39 am
- Yes, writing II courses should me more tailored toward individual majors. (35%, 49 Votes)
- No, the writing requirement is necessary for future academic success and should be preserved. (27%, 38 Votes)
- The writing II requirement is unnecessary and should be terminated. (14%, 20 Votes)
- Yes, UCLA should offer more math and science classes that fulfill the requirement. (14%, 20 Votes)
- No, students of all majors should take the current writing II courses offered. (10%, 14 Votes)
Total Voters: 141
Start Date: April 5, 2011 @ 11:37 am
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 11:37 am