How do you think UCLA officials should approach this year's Bruin Bash?
- Bruin Bash has been handled appropriately in the past; no changes need to be made. (49%, 52 Votes)
- Enforce stricter consequences for those who breach alcohol policies at campus events. (22%, 24 Votes)
- Cancel Bruin Bash to prevent accidents and hospitalizations related to excess partying. (15%, 16 Votes)
- More security to accommodate the historically high amount of alcohol-related medical emergencies. (14%, 15 Votes)
Total Voters: 107
Start Date: July 10, 2011 @ 12:13 pmWhat is UCLA's responsibility to its students in regards to sex education?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 12:13 pm
- As college students, we are old enough to keep ourselves informed and the university should not waste money providing sex education services. (55%, 43 Votes)
- The student services currently in place at the Ashe Center and counseling offices are sufficient. (28%, 22 Votes)
- Students should be required to take a mandatory class/seminar to stay informed. (10%, 8 Votes)
- Student sex education services should be specialized for certain high-risk groups. (7%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 78
Start Date: July 4, 2011 @ 12:11 pmWith the disestablishment of the Covel Learning Labs, administrators are looking for new funds to create a writing center on campus. Where do you think the money should come from?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 12:11 pm
- A new writing center should not be a priority. UCLA administration should be focused on lowering student costs. (53%, 35 Votes)
- Solicitations from private donors. (26%, 17 Votes)
- Money allocated from student tuition. (12%, 8 Votes)
- A $972 Student Services Fee directed toward nonacademic services like the Ashe Center. (9%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 66
Start Date: June 26, 2011 @ 12:10 pmDo you think UCLA should move away from public funding toward self-sufficiency in light of California's budget crisis?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 12:10 pm
- Yes, UCLA should accept more private donations and create internal revenues because state funding is not reliable. (51%, 53 Votes)
- No, the state government should fulfill its obligation to fund UCLA. (38%, 39 Votes)
- I do not feel informed enough about this issue to take a side. (11%, 11 Votes)
Total Voters: 103
Start Date: June 19, 2011 @ 12:08 pmWhat do you think about FlyAway's potential closure at the Westwood stop because of budget deficits?
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 12:08 pm
- I never take the FlyAway and don't think a Westwood stop is necessary. (46%, 319 Votes)
- The FlyAway is a necessary service for students and needs to keep its Westwood stop. (22%, 153 Votes)
- The FlyAway stop in Westwood is necessary, but the service can save costs by coming less frequently. (21%, 146 Votes)
- UCLA should work with the city to ensure that there is some other form of cheap transport to the airport. (8%, 56 Votes)
- It's no big deal, there are plenty of other ways to get to the airport from Westwood. (3%, 21 Votes)
Total Voters: 695
Start Date: May 25, 2011 @ 12:05 pm
End Date: January 4, 2013 @ 12:05 pm