UCPD charges man in connection with sexual assault of UCLA student

Nima Bendavood, 21, surrendered himself to UCPD for alleged sexual assault Saturday. (Courtesy of UCPD)

By David Gray

A man who allegedly sexually assaulted a UCLA student turned himself in to university police Saturday.

Nima Bendavood, 21, surrendered himself to UCPD for the alleged sexual assault of a student between midnight and 12:30 a.m. at an off-campus party on the 600 block of Gayley Avenue on Oct. 12.

UCPD initially released a crime alert containing a photo of Bendavood, hoping the public could help identify him.

Bendavood, who is not a UCLA student according to UCPD, was charged for sexual penetration and transported to the Los Angeles County Jail in lieu of $100,000 bail.

This case is still under investigation. Anyone with information about the case can call UCPD detectives at 310-825-1491.

David Gray | News Editor
Gray is the 2019-2020 News editor of the Daily Bruin. He was previously an assistant News editor and a reporter for the city and crime beat. He is also a third-year political science student at UCLA.