The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government representing the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a livestream of the meetings on the USAC Live! channel on YouTube.
- Ty Pearson, outreach director for CalFresh initiative, discussed different ways for the council to promote CalFresh’s efforts to address food insecurity.
- The council discussed a potential resolution in support of Prop. 10, which would permit local rent control.
- The council allocated a total of $3,448 from the contingency programming fund to non-USAC groups.
- The council appointed Jonathan Wisner, a second-year international development studies student, as a member of the Community Service Mini Fund Committee.
- The council appointed Jennifer Tarango, a fourth-year English student, as a member of the Campus Programs Committee.
- The council appointed Karen Funk, a third-year political science student, as a member of the Student Conduct Committee.
- The council appointed Roberto Vasquez as a member of the Campus Retention Committee.
- President Claire Fieldman said her office is coordinating with Greek life organizations to hold an open forum to discuss sexual violence.
- Internal Vice President Robert Blake Watson said his ResLife and On-Campus Housing Council have not met to discuss recent changes to OCHC’s constitutional changes yet.
- External Vice President Jamie Kennerk said her office’s Break out the Vote campaign will register about as many voters as it did for the 2016 presidential elections, which she added was unusually high for a midterm election. She added her office received a grant from MTV to cover their Party at the Polls, a voter turnout event, Nov. 6. She also added a potential tuition hike could be voted on this year.
- General Representative 1 Ayesha Haleem said her office is working to expand the focus of International Education Week during week seven beyond study abroad to include international issues and international students.
- General Representative 2 Bella Martin said her office and Good Clothes Good People staff met with her sorority house president about institutionalizing donation bins on the premises.
- Transfer Representative Jessica Kim said her office met with UCLA Vice Chancellor Monroe Gorden about improving institutional knowledge about USAC among the student body. She added her office will recruit local Westwood businesses as donors to self-fund the Transfer Student Representative office in the future.
- Academic Affairs Commissioner Nidirah Stephens said her office distributed free iClickers this week. She added her office is working to implement an iPad check-in system in UCLA libraries to limit disruptions and removals from the library.
- Community Service Commissioner Bethanie Atinuke Sonola said her office will begin accepting applications for the Impact Conference, a student service organizing event, this week.
- Facilities Commissioner Julia Ho-Gonzalez said a $4.99 flat rate Lyft promotion for rides to destinations within 5 miles of campus is live. She added her office will host its first Bruin Bazaar event Wednesday for students to exchange items in an effort to promote sustainability.
- Financial Supports Commissioner Jay Manzano said his office is working to change its bylaws to ensure future commissioners promote social justice. He added his office met with UCLA Spark campaign officials to crowdfund for scholarships in spring quarter.
- Student Wellness Commissioner George Louis Faour said his office will host its first farmer’s market Wednesday. He added ResLife Assistant Director Josh O’Connor confirmed free menstrual products will be made available on the Hill.