UCPD searching for man who sexually assaulted student at off-campus party

The suspect was described by UCPD as an Indian or Persian individual between the ages of 18 and 23. (Courtesy of UCPD)

By Sydney Coneeny

This post was updated Oct. 18 at 5:15 p.m. University police are searching for a man who sexually assaulted a UCLA student Friday. The man sexually assaulted a female student between midnight and 12:30 a.m. at an off-campus party. The man then left the party and was last seen heading north on Gayley Ave. UCPD described him as an Indian or Persian individual between the ages of 18 and 23, 5 feet, 7 inches to 5 feet, 11 inches, medium build with black hair, brown eyes and a short beard. He was last seen wearing a shirt with a tuxedo print and black pants. UCPD has released photos of the suspect and is attempting to identify him. Anyone with information regarding Friday’s assault can contact UCPD at (310) 825-9371.

Sydney Coneeny | City and Crime editor
Coneeny is the 2018-2019 assistant News editor for the City and Crime beat. She was previously a contributor for the National News and Higher Education beat. She is a second-year pre-global studies student from the east coast.