Saturday, December 15

UCPD on lookout for suspect in UCLA Guest House burglary

UCPD is searching for a man who they believe is linked to a Tuesday burglary that occurred at the UCLA Guest House. (Photo courtesy of UCPD)

University police are searching for a suspect in a Tuesday burglary at the UCLA Guest House.

Several visitors at the UCLA Guest House said they found several of their personal belongings missing around 1 p.m., according to the UCPD alert. UCPD suspects that a firearm found at the scene may have belonged to the man who burglarized the UCLA Guest House.

UCPD described the man as black, about 20 to 30 years old with long dark hair with highlights. The man also had a tattoo above his left eyebrow and was last seen wearing a long-sleeved gray hooded sweatshirt, black and gray sweatpants and red shoes, according to UCPD.

UCPD advises students to report suspicious activity to the police and to lock all windows and doors.

The case is still under investigation. Anyone with information about this case can call UCPD at 310-825-1491.

City and Crime editor

Coneeny is the 2018-2019 assistant News editor for the City and Crime beat. She was previously a contributor for the National News and Higher Education beat. She is a second-year pre-global studies student from the east coast.