Tuesday, November 20

New athletic program offers tickets at half price for military members, veterans

UCLA Athletics introduced a new ticket program that allows active military members, veterans and their families to attend all regular-season home games for half price – including football and men's basketball. (Daily Bruin file photo)

UCLA Athletics announced last week that it would be introducing a new military appreciation ticket program for the 2018-2019 season.

The program is available to active military members, veterans and their families, and it cuts the price of admission to all UCLA regular-season home games in half – including football and men’s basketball.

UCLA Athletics will also continue to host the Veteran and Armed Forces Game – a select home game on the UCLA football schedule when active military members and veterans are given a complimentary ticket as well as the opportunity to buy additional tickets at half price.

The price of admission and parking at UCLA baseball games will also remain free to active military members and their families.

The program was made available online just last week, and the supply of discounted tickets is limited.

Ryan Smith is the 2018-2019 Sports editor. He was previously an assistant Sports editor in 2017-2018, and has covered women's basketball, men's water polo, baseball, men's golf and women's golf during his time with the Bruin.