Wednesday, September 19

UCLA Extension relocating to make room for new student housing

UCLA Extension will relocate from its original location at Le Conte Avenue to offices on Gayley Avenue and Wilshire Boulevard. (MacKenzie Coffman/Assistant Photo editor)

UCLA Extension is relocating its administrative building to make room for new student housing.

UCLA Extension began moving from its location at Le Conte Avenue on June 26 and is scheduled to complete the relocation process by July 13, according to a university press release. The new location for the UCLA Extension administrative staff will be the second floor of the Gayley Center at 1145 Gayley Ave., which is currently under construction, and offices on the 16th and 17th floors of a building on 10960 Wilshire Blvd.

In the interim, UCLA Extension staff have been relocated to the first floor of the Gayley Center and the Kinross South Building at 11020 Kinross Ave.

The relocation is unlikely to affect students in the UCLA Extension program, according to the university press release, as most Extension classes take place online or elsewhere in Westwood. Extension classes held in Downtown Los Angeles and Woodland Hills should also not be affected by the relocation of UCLA Extension’s administrative operations.

UCLA Extension’s mailing address will not change during the moving process, but will change once the relocation is finalized. All of UCLA Extension’s phone numbers and email addresses will remain the same.

Ostergaard is the 2018-2019 assistant News editor of Features and Student Life. She was previously a News contributor. Ostergaard is a second-year Cognitive Science student at UCLA.