The Graduate Student Association is the voice of graduate students on campus. The association meets for forum every three weeks and takes positions on current issues affecting graduate students. Forum meetings are at 5:30 p.m. in the Global Viewpoint Lounge in Ackerman Union.
- Student Affairs Information and Research Office researcher Esthela Chavez reviewed the results of the UCLA graduate/professional student survey from 2017, which indicated that the majority of respondents report having a formal advisor committed to helping them finish their degree and are concerned about their ability to fund their education.
- Graduate Student Orientation assistant coordinator Iara Mantenuto said the organizers of the graduate student orientation are looking for volunteers for the event September 21.
- Election Commissioner Justin Gelzhiser swore in the 2018-2019 GSA executive officers. President Michael Skiles is the first ever GSA President to serve three terms.
- The association unanimously approved their 2018-2019 budget.
- Skiles outlined the methodology by which the appointments board decided on proposed appointees to cabinets and committees. The association unanimously approved all appointees.
- Vice President of Internal Affairs Eric Hu introduced the 2018-2019 GSA Forum meeting calendar.
- Skiles said that the Westwood Forward initiative passed. He asked student leaders to reflect on reforms they would like to see in Westwood.
- Ex-Vice President of Internal Affairs Alexander Fung said his office is hosting their last Grad Cafe event Monday. He also said his office expanded to partner with the Greater West Hollywood Food Coalition to help provide nightly meal service buffet to individuals experiencing homelessness.