Student reports attempted burglary on the Hill, UCPD on lookout

By Jacob Preal

University police are searching for a man who attempted to burglarize a UCLA student’s dorm Feb. 13.

The student returned to her dorm in Holly Ridge at 2 p.m. when she discovered a man going through her roommate’s desk drawers, according to a UCPD alert. The man claimed to know the student’s roommate, but did not know her name and left without taking any items from the room.

Other residents in Holly Ridge said the man also knocked on their doors, claiming to be looking for a friend, according to the alert.

UCPD described the man as white and 6 feet, 1 inch, with brown hair and a beard. He was last seen wearing a hat, a blue UCLA jacket and a grey backpack.

UCPD advises students to report suspicious activity to the police and to lock their windows and doors.

The case is still under investigation. Anyone with information about this case can call UCPD at 310-825-1491.

Jacob Preal | Editor in chief
Preal is the editor in chief of The Bruin. He was previously the assistant news editor for the city and crime beat and a news reporter for the city and crime beat.