Monday, November 19

UCLA football to begin spring practices next month, open to public

UCLA football announced the dates of their spring practices for Winter quarter on Wednesday. The spring schedule will continue through April and conclude with an intersquad scrimmage on April 21. (Hannah Burnett/Assistant Photo editor)

UCLA football announced its spring return to the gridiron in an email sent out Wednesday afternoon.

It will be the first opportunity to see the Bruins in action since December, when they fell 35-17 to Kansas State at the Cactus Bowl in Arizona. They will practice six times between March 6 and 17 at Spaulding Field, and practice several more times after spring break.

Football has not yet released times for the practices scheduled for after the break.

All practices will be open to the public. For a small fee, fans can watch from the top of Parking Lot 8.

Once the practice schedule is complete, UCLA will cap off spring quarter with a intersquad scrimmage on Saturday, April 21 at Drake Stadium.

Ryan Smith is the 2018-2019 Sports editor. He was previously an assistant Sports editor in 2017-2018, and has covered women's basketball, men's water polo, baseball, men's golf and women's golf during his time with the Bruin.