- Amy Pojar, an administrative staffer from the Dashew Center for International Students and Scholars, gave a special presentation about the center’s crosscultural training program, which helps facilitate communication between international and domestic students.
- UCPD Lt. Kevin Kilgore said they plan to implement security for protests regarding an upcoming out-of-state tuition hike planned for the upcoming Board of Regents meeting in UCLA in March.
- Kilgore said UCPD will be deploying additional security for upcoming events by controversial speakers such as Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin.
- He added UCPD plans to implement safety education programs and enforce regulations governing the use of Bird scooters.
- The council appointed Brandon Broukhim, a first-year political science student, to the communications board.
- The council allocated $14,340 from the Contingency Programming Fund to several USAC offices and student groups.
- The council also allocated $2,000 from the Bruin Advocacy Grant Fund to four different student groups.
- USAC President Arielle Yael Mokhtarzadeh said her office plans to hold a program that advocates for female empowerment during week three of spring quarter.
- External Vice President Chloe Pan said she attended a quarterly meeting with University of California President Janet Napolitano where they discussed the potential increases in tuition along with the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
- Student Wellness Commissioner Christina Lee said her office is hosting free workout classes this week at the John Wooden Center and Wilson Plaza.
- Academic Affairs Commissioner Divya Sharma said that the areas in the Feast and Bruin Plate dining halls that were closed off are now entirely open for late night study spaces.