Fashion Friday: Week 5, 2017

By Frank To, Raunak Devjani

Magie Le, a first-year business economics student wore a denim jacket from Gap over a white American Eagle shirt with a triangular neckline cutout. Le completed her look with black leggings and black sneakers from Nike.

(Frank To/Daily Bruin)

Muskaan Mehra, a first-year microbiology, immunology and molecular genetics student wore Dr. Martens boots, and denim overalls she received from her cousin over a yellow crop top from Brandy Melville. She said she intended to be a minion for Halloween, but threw on a full-sleeved denim jacket from H&M to combat the chilly weather.

(Frank To/Daily Bruin)

Nyala Tringali-Carbado sported a shearling-lined denim jacket and a cool-toned flannel around their waist, both of which they bought at Ross Dress For Less, one of their go-to shopping venues, they said. The third-year history and African American studies student also wore black denim jeans from H&M, which they accessorized with a beanie and a white peace sign necklace to contrast with the darker colors of the rest of the look.

(Frank To/Daily Bruin)

Annika Osterkan wanted to channel the ’80s for Halloween. She wore a denim jacket with a sunflower design on the back, adding to the look with hoop earrings and a large, mauve scrunchie. The second-year English student said she bought the majority of her outfit at thrift stores.

(Frank To/Daily Bruin)

Fourth-year dance student Tess Goodrich donned Buffalo Exchange boots, black sweatpants and a burgundy crop top from PINK. Over the outfit, she wore a Lucky Brand denim jacket with hearts and flowers embroidered over the sleeves, neckline and back.

(Frank To/Daily Bruin)

Frank To | Photo contributor
Devjani is the top editor of the Arts and Entertainment section. She was previously the assistant editor for the Theater Film and Television beat.