UCPD searching for July 14 car burglary suspects

By Jacob Preal

Correction: The original version of the headline accompanying this article incorrectly stated a car robbery occurred July 14. In fact, a car burglary occurred.

University police are searching for a man and a woman who allegedly burglarized a UCLA student’s vehicle on July 14.

Video surveillance footage taken from a 11140 Rose Ave. parking garage showed the man and woman breaking the vehicle’s rear passenger window and taking items from inside, according to a UCPD alert. The two then stole packages from the building’s mail area before leaving the area.

The man was described in the report as Hispanic, 5 feet 9 inches tall and about 150 pounds with black hair. Video surveillance showed him wearing a dark jacket and tan shorts.

The woman was Hispanic, 5 feet 5 inches tall and about 135 pounds with red hair, according to the alert. Video surveillance showed her wearing a dark red sweater and dark leggings.

The vehicle belonged to a UCLA student, a UCPD spokesperson said.

Anyone with information about this case can contact Detective Matthew Pinkus at 310-825-9371 or [email protected] and can reference reports 17-1467 and 17-1470.

Jacob Preal | Editor in chief
Preal is the editor in chief of The Bruin. He was previously the assistant news editor for the city and crime beat and a news reporter for the city and crime beat.