The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government representing the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a livestream of the meetings on the USAC Live! YouTube channel.
- Representatives from different housing groups on campus said they plan to start researching how to increase housing on the Hill, and held a Q&A for council members.
- The council decided not to allocate any funds because it did not have enough members present to meet quorum.
Officer and member reports
- Academic Affairs Commissioner Ashly Mohankumar said her office worked with the General Representative 2 office and other offices to host Holi at UCLA on Sunday. Her office will also host a Bruin Networking Night, a Stress Free Day and a Fight for Education Week later this quarter.
- Student Wellness Commissioner Christina Lee said her office is hosting educational events for Sex Week next week and for Sexual Assault Awareness Month this month. Her office will also hold events for Earth Week from April 19-25.
- General Representative 1 Zoe Borden said her office worked with the Career Center to host a Corporate Social Responsibility workshop April 10. She added her office is working with Campus Prep and plans to give students low-cost LSAT and GRE prep classes.
- General Representative 2 Ruchit Majmudar said his office hosted Interfaith Shabbat on Friday. He added his office will be hosting a free documentary screening of “Zero Days” on April 18, followed by a Q&A session with a speaker, who will discuss socioeconomic development and environmental stability in the Middle East.
- General Representative 3 Inan Chowdhury said his office will host a sustainability event similar to last quarter’s Totes Sustainable event. He added his office has also finalized this quarter’s curriculum for Sigma C.H.A.I. meetings and will have an event to promote mental health.
- Transfer Student Representative Divya Sharma said his office will be hosting a Transfer Alumni Networking Night and a Make Your Mark on Kerckhoff event later this quarter. His office is also meeting with the UCLA Transfer Student Coalition and the Interim Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs Monroe Gorden next week to discuss student housing. His office also teamed up with the athletic council to film a public service announcement about human trafficking.