Follow the Daily Bruin's coverage of Skirball fire. 

Monday, December 18

In the Cage: Episode IX

logo

For what could be the final rendition of In the Cage, the men’s water polo writers mustered together a live studio audience. Some laughed, some cried, but all were intent on hearing the forecast for the biggest weekend of all – the NCAA championships.

UCLA’s last national championship came from this weekend last year, and the men’s water polo team wants number 114 to come from this one as well. They’re playing No. 3 California today for the fourth time this year.

What can we expect to see each team do differently, if anything? Can UCLA win as a No. 2 seed and not as a No. 1 seed? Will there be any comparison to the 2015-2016 Golden State Warriors? What will the result mean for the senior class?

Episode IX has it all.

[Related: In the Cage: Episode VIII]

Senior staff

In addition to serving as an assistant Sports editor from 2016-2017, Hull covered men's water polo and track and field from 2015-2017 and women's water polo team in the spring of 2017.

Sports reporter

Troop currently writes on the men's water polo beat. He has been in the Sports section since fall 2015 and previously covered softball and swimming and diving.