Women’s golf earns first-place finish at Stanford Intercollegiate

Bronte Law’s performance carried UCLA women’s golf to a tournament victory last weekend. The senior also took first overall individually. (Courtesy of Don Liebig)

By Logan Patton

The No. 5 UCLA women’s golf team took first place in the Stanford Intercollegiate tournament after shooting 4-over 572.

The three-day tournament was supposed to last all weekend, but Sunday’s round was postponed because of rain.

Nonetheless, the Bruins took the tournament win thanks to senior Bronte Law.

In the second round, Law stole the show, opening up the round with an eagle that took UCLA from the second spot in the tournament to the first spot over the host team, No. 2 Stanford. Law would go on to claim first-place honors for the third consecutive year on the course.

Sophomore Bethany Wu came back from a double bogey in the first round to hit 2-under 69. She ended the first round with four birdies and also finished with -2 in a four-way tie for the top spot in par 3 scoring.

This is the Bruins’ fourth time claiming the title for this specific tournament. They won previously in 1995, 2008 and 2011.

For its next event, the team will head to Kohala, Hawaii, to the Nanea Golf Club for the Nanea Pac-12 Preview.

Logan Patton | Alumna
Patton joined the Bruin in 2015 and contributed until she graduated in 2017. She spent time on the men's golf and women's golf beats.