Glendon Bar and Kitchen to shut down after owner moves away

The Glendon Bar and Kitchen in Westwood closed Friday, said Nick Jacobs, owner of the restaurant. (Miriam Bribiesca/Photo editor)

By Roberto Luna Jr.

Aug. 15, 2016 12:45 a.m.

Correction: The original version of this article incorrectly stated the Glendon Bar and Kitchen will relocate.

This post was updated Aug. 16 at 7:57 p.m.

The Glendon Bar and Kitchen served its last drink Friday night, making it the fifth restaurant to leave Westwood Village this summer.

Nick Jacobs, the restaurant’s owner, said in an email statement the Glendon’s last day of operation was Friday.

Jacobs opened The Glendon in 2010 with two other partners, but later became the sole owner. It served American cuisine and was one of the few restaurants in the Village with a full bar.

Christian Irwin, vice president of property management company Domino Realty, said they are sad to see the Glendon leave and are searching for a restaurant to fill in the space. He said they hope to find a restaurant that can draw people to Westwood Village.

YamatoNoodle World, Five Guys and Barbacoa also closed this summer. SpireWorks, a Turkish fast casual restaurant, is scheduled to open in Five Guys’ old location in the fall.

Roberto Luna Jr. | News senior staff
Roberto Luna Jr. is currently a senior staffer covering Westwood, crime and transportation. He was previously an assistant News editor from 2015-2016 and a News contributor from 2014-2015.