Westwood Neighborhood Council members announced

By Madeleine Pauker

Westwood voters elected four new council members and 15 incumbents to the Westwood Neighborhood Council June 5.

The city clerk certified the council members Friday, including newcomers Trent Jolly, a rental residential group director, Philip Gabriel, a business group director, Caroline Conway, an educational community director and Chantelle Eastman, an at large director.

The new board will begin their two-year terms at the WWNC meeting July 13. The WWNC advises the Los Angeles City Council and meets monthly to discuss issues pertaining to Westwood Village and the surrounding areas.

All 19 candidates who ran on the “Team Westwood” slate won seats on the council. Ten of the 19 candidates are affiliated with UCLA.

Many candidates ran unopposed, said council member Sandy Brown. She added she thinks the new WWNC should establish closer communication with the LA City Council.

“We want to be proactive in passing legislation that helps not only Westwood, but the city,” Brown said.

Email Pauker at [email protected] or tweet @mpaukerdb.

Madeleine Pauker | Managing editor
Pauker was the managing editor from 2017-2018. She was previously an assistant news editor for the City beat and a reporter for the City beat.