Texas center Jake Raulerson will not transfer to UCLA football

By TuAnh Dam

June 8, 2016 11:37 a.m.

Texas center Jake Raulerson will not be transferring to UCLA next season, according to Scout.

The former four-star recruit, listed at 6 feet 4 inches and 295 pounds, verbally committed to the Bruins in the winter over Stanford, Michigan and Oregon, citing the trust he had in coaching staff and offensive line coach Adrian Klemm.

Raulerson was expected to play immediately as a graduate transfer, providing experience to a thin offensive line with the losses of four-year starting center Jake Brendel, four-star recruit Fred Ulu-Perry, tackle Caleb Benenoch and guard Alex Redmond.

The Texas center would have played for the Bruins while working toward either his MBA or his master’s degree in applied economics. Raulerson was told after applying to both programs that if he wasn’t admitted into the UCLA Anderson School of Management, he would still be able to enroll in the master’s program, Scout wrote.

Ultimately, Raulerson was turned down and unable to enroll in either program in spring.

Without Raulerson, the Bruins still have a void on their offensive line, but have a group of incoming freshmen that include Francisco Perez and Michael Alves. Without UCLA, Raulerson is temporarily left without a team or a graduate school.

TuAnh Dam | Alumna
Dam joined the Bruin as a sophomore in 2014 and contributed until after she graduated in 2017. She was the Sports editor for the 2016-2017 academic year and spent time on the football, men's basketball, gymnastics, women's water polo, men's soccer, men's tennis, women's tennis and women's golf beats.